Listen or Buy Here! Read Review by George Miler
Inspired by the science-fiction and cyberpunk literary genres, this deluxe album set includes both the complete narrated audio book with music soundtrack and the separate music-only tracks for “The Motoko Files: Cyber Prophecy” - a short story inspired by such classics as Blade Runner (1), Ghost in The Shell (2), and William Gibson’s cyberpunk novels (3).
Story intro: Motoko is a cyber-cop who wakes up on top of a skyscraper with her cyber brain in shambles as she tries to reconstruct her memories. Who is she? What happened to her?”
The music soundtrack and separate included album is in a cinematic electronic genre, deeply evocative of the mystery and adventure as it unfolds in the story of a world where technology is integrated into the very core of each human being.
This album contains original content only, music and story, written by the author. The following references are for illustrative purposes only (any semblances to people, organizations, or places real or imagined outside of the story are purely coincidental) :
(1) Blade Runner is a 1982 film directed by Ridley Scott.
(2) Ghost in The Shell is an original work by Masamune Shirow.(3) William Ford Gibson is a Canadian author know for his novels in the Cyberpunk genre.
released 14 July 2014
Special thanks to:
- Steven Barber for his wonderful voice narration of the short story
- an09 at DeviantArt for sharing her amazing cyborg art photo-element used in the image cover.
- Jean-Luc Charron for final album artwork
Rebekkah Hilgraves has recorded a special "RadHaus" audiobook edition narration of The Motoko Files introduced September 27, 2014 for her "Story Time" special show on the "At Waters Edge" radio program. Rebekkah works in the voice-acting field (amongst other artistic endeavors), and we decided to celebrate the weekend event by producing a special edition album available now (day of the radio show).
For more information and to request a copy of the full short-story, please visit TheRoboter.com